"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Valentine's today and yesterday

It had just begun Valentine's day 1994

-the date was the NBA All star Game in mpls
-I was a Senior in College had come home to edina for the weekend...
-Scott came from Omaha for the weekend
-A Baccarat crystal heart shaped necklace as my gift
-the first time Scott told me he loved me

Let me take you back to Valentine's day 1996

-married for 10 months
-flew to Washington DC to celebrate
-red roses and candlelight
-strolled hand in hand through museums
-ate at specialty cafes
-had our Valentine's day dinner in our hotel room with glass views all around of the city
-probably even wore some special jammies to bed ;)

Fast Forward to Valentine's day 2010

-married for almost 15 years
-probably still some roses
-Valentine's day at home in Iowa
-2 basketball tournaments this weekend
-Scott's parents coming to town for a visit to meet little Max
-leftovers from meals friends have made
-holding hands to pray
-a newborn baby sleeping by our bed
-3 other boys snuggled in beds
-maternity mismatched pj's to bed, oh and a nursing bra

The changes 16 years can bring...and guess what? I wouldn't change a thing. I love Scott more today than I did then...I love that we now share 4 children, 15 years of marriage and memories that I cannot even begin to count. We have praised God in good times together and held hands and praised God in bad times. We have walked this journey together. I love that

I feel blessed...I love you my Love


4 comments: