"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Rambling on a Saturday

Valentines: went to Target today, Max's first trip there, and realized we needed to get the boys their Valentine's for school. Parties on Friday. I was oddly pleased to find out this year that Tommy is now done with Valentines. They do not exchange them in the 6th grade. Odd because that could make me sad that he is growing up...but THRILLED as I don't love doing Valentines, don't like making the boxes and bags for them to be collected in. I love to make crafts, but on my own time, not ones I am required to help with. And frankly our house does not need any more messes right now.

Shopping: The entire family ventured to the mall today to do some returns for Max. And had Chick Fil A as well...mmm I have missed that. Our first time using the new stroller, Max's first time to the Jordan Creek Mall. Our new diaper bag even has straps to hook it onto the stroller, the stroller adjusts for taller people...ah the improvements in baby gear since Jack was a baby. So wonderful.

Napping and basketball: Jack had basketball today, the other boys have the weekend off which is fun. Max and I fell asleep around 2:00...Scott quietly asked if we were going to go and watch Jack's game, which was at 2:40. I was so tired and happy to be napping, hadn't napped all week and was up 3 times in the night with Max, that I opted to stay snuggled with Max and sleep. SO nice. BUT then the boys all got home around 4:00. We were still asleep...and Jack was SO excited to tell me he made a basket. Ugh his first of the season and I missed it...okay Mommy guilt set in. Oh well I am going to have to learn as a Momma of 4 I will miss things, I will miss baskets, hits, touchdowns...I can't be at everything.

Superbowl: Tomorrow is the Superbowl. Dad is down in Florida going to the game, the boys have their tee shirt requests into him. We are heading to a friends to watch the game, they have a theater room with a HUGE TV...needless to say the boys can't wait to watch the game there. Jack is excited because they have star wars stuff and laser tag stuff which we don't have. I am looking forward to the food and the commercials...and our friends have started a list of who gets to hold Max first. It was cute Tommy and Drew have both been very curious how feeding Max will go there. Obviously they are wondering how you nurse a baby when you are not at home with your family. We have had some good conversations about how it's natural to nurse a baby...and how feeding Max is the most important thing no matter where we are...and they both agreed and understood. They think Nursing is pretty cool at home, they actually like to see how he eats and think it's pretty amazing how God has it all designed. But I do think they were relieved to hear me say I would probably go and nurse him in a quiet room tomorrow night, whew their buddies won't have to see it all. :) cute.

Dinner: It is leftover night here. With all of the meals we have been getting all week long, Saturday nights have become leftover nights. Last night we had 2 meals, I had put porkchops in from my friend Lisa when the neighbor called and reminded me she was on her way with dinner, oops forgot she was coming too. So we had both last night and will have both tonight with some other random things from the fridge. No complaining here....



1 comment:

  1. Glad you're not freaking the boys out by nursing in front of their friends. :)

    I'm glad you're out and about but glad you're taking naps too.

    ReplyDelete