"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Tired but so worth it...

Tired, no other word to describe how I feel today, well yesterday too. I am so very grateful that God gave me the week at Disney to still feel pretty comfortable and well.

I am mainly tired and my brain isn't tired, it keeps coming up with lists of things to get done before we add another little one. A lot more I want to get done before this baby comes and it is getting harder and harder every day for me to move, lift, bend and do it all. I am grateful for good friends who have so willing to help me this past week and next with the projects I just cannot do on my own.

The reality that we are having another baby is finally setting in I think. I have known since May 22nd about this little one....so you would think by now it would have become real. But since we didn't "plan" for this baby like we did our other 3 it just has been different.

I have a few other friends who are pregnant right now which has been so much fun to have friends to go through this with. I am realizing my friend Makila's baby, is due within 18 days makes me realize this baby is getting that much closer too.

Today, Tommy had his final game for his basketball tournament and after sitting on bleachers for an hour the baby had curled itself up into a ball at the very top of my tummy. As we climbed in the car Tommy looked at me, I think I must have made a sigh or something when I sat down, he put his hand on the top of the baby on my tummy and smiled. He said "wow Mom that must get kind of hard to sit with a baby like that the whole time" I agreed and he smiled and said "but it's worth it right?" I told him it sure was...think he has heard me say that before. It was sweet.

2 comments:

  1. It's SO worth it. How fun to have older kids that can go through this process with you and understand. I think it will be so fabulous for those boys to have a new baby around them--six years ago was a long time. I wonder how much Tommy and Drew even remember. Try to rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I'm so excited for you. I have this urgency to have everything done but really don't know what that everything is. I feel like a time bomb..and really I am. It's weird. It's exciting. It's scary too! :)

    I'm glad I'm going through this with you!

    ReplyDelete