"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Mom...you look beautiful

"Mom, you look beautiful", those were the words I heard, from Tommy, as I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen this morning after getting ready for church.

I can say that he did say that with some previous coaching, but nonetheless there was NO coaching today. It was all on his own. You see when I was a little girl EVERY Sunday morning I can remember growing up, I stepped foot off the steps, turned the corner to the kitchen and my Dad ALWAYS, without FAIL, would look up from the paper and would say to me "You look beautiful today, or Don't you look pretty" Always a compliment for my Sunday morning dressed up for church look. Always always...even when I was in High School and would be running late and meet him in the driveway as the car was about to back up, he still managed to tell me, even though he was probably frustrated I was late, "You look nice honey".

I have shared that story with our boys, and with Scott. ;) And told them that it is important they tell Mommy that, and their wives someday, and little girls if they have them....when girls make an effort to look nice, you need to comment and compliment that.

They have remembered sometimes, usually with a little prompting but today...on his OWN...Tommy remembered. Hopefully it sticks for their lifetimes.

3 comments:

  1. Sigh. So lovely. Ben makes an effort to tell Danielle how adorable she looks. I'm so glad. He tells me too but I'm really glad he tells Danielle and Lydia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter-in-laws are going to be so blessed!

    ReplyDelete