"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Friday, May 15, 2009

Tommy's Personal Day

I told the boys this school year that they were each allowed one "personal day" from school, where they could take a day off for no reason.  Today is the day Tommy chose.  He was hoping for sunshine and golf this morning instead we have rain and clouds....oh well he still is home.

We are planning a morning of running errands after I get showered and ready.  Tommy has a gift card for Game stop he has been saving up, so think we will go there and see what he can find.  

I really do love having someone home with me.  I told my parents this weekend how much I enjoyed Jack having 2 days off last week (the Kindergartners had Thursday and Friday off for the new K to have K-experience day). I told them "I even love it when the boys are home sick", they both laughed.  It's not that I love when they are sick, I just love having them home.  So it is special for me to have the morning with Tommy.  He leaves early this afternoon for a baseball tournament in Clinton Iowa with Scott, so he will be gone until Sunday.  Better get going...my date is waiting.  


1 comment:

  1. What a special day for you & Tommy, Susan. Such a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete