"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Friday, May 8, 2009

Baseball, baseball and more baseball...oh and Mother's Day

The older boys have baseball tournaments this weekend.  Both have games at 6- tonight that I need to be heading out to.  Jack has a little league game tomorrow as does Drew on top of this tournament for his other team.  Tomorrow we have 6 games total to get to and from.  My Mom and Dad are coming down, God willing, to go to some of the games as well.  

Sunday is Mother's day...I think.  :)  And there is a pretty good chance there will be more baseball then too.  Hmm mother's day lunch at the concessions stand.  What more could I ask for??

Oh well it will be terrific...to have my Mom here for mother's day on top of being together as a family...nothing better.

A cute Mother's day thought...I remember as a little girl we usually celebrated Mother's day at one of my Grandma's homes...and my Dad always got everyone corsages.  NOT just the Mom's but all of the little girls too.  And I remember feeling SO very special that he would do that for me.  And I vividly remember asking him once when I was probably 6 years old why he got me flowers too when I wasn't even a Mom...and his response was "I give you these flowers because someday I think you will be a Mommy and I KNOW you will be a great one!".  *sigh* That is the kind of Dad I have, one that has believed in my Mommy skills LONG before I was ever a Mom.  Thanks Dad....

Happy Mother's day to all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment