"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Challenge

I started a fitness challenge yesterday through our kickboxing gym we go to.  It is a 9 week challenge of fitness, weight loss, body fat comp loss etc.  After the way I ate over Spring Break the timing is perfect and before summer.  This is about 7 years coming, since I have had Jack.

I told the boys about it, knowing if I really wanted to succeed I would need all of the accountability I could get.  What I didn't expect is how into it they all are.  I told them Mommy needs to be eating healthy and no sweets for these 9 weeks.  Boy they are watching my every move.  Drew has made me 1 egg the last 2 mornings and Tommy the toast.  They are all into the menu plan I am on.  When I made grilled chicken breasts for dinner last night with spinach no one complained.  They did ask if they could get some apples and pudding to put with their meals.  :)

Guess it shows their love for their Mom and probably more than that...their competitive edge.  They hope I win the challenge.  (the winner gets a year free membership)  I told them I wanted to lose 30 lbs and some body fat so they are now all into it.  I have always been so careful not to talk about "diets" with them, for fear I would raise boys who thought girls were always on diets and that looks were what was important.  My Mom did such a fantastic job in raising me not to think of diets and to enjoy food in a reasonable way.  I always felt beautiful to her and to my Dad.   So I am not using the word diet but CHALLENGE.   I think this may really help me....having the little guys on board with it all.  They are offering to cook for me, throw away tempting foods, walk or run with me.  It's been fun to see.

One of the cutest things...last night Jack wanted Choc Chip Cookies, which is a 2 times a week thing here AT LEAST, and Tommy said "Jack I will make them with you."   SO they made a batch of the refrigerated kind, not quite homemade, but it was sweet Tommy knew that is a weakness of mine. 

So here goes....I am on day 2 of a 1200 calorie/day challenge.  Pray for me.  I don't want to let myself down, nor do I want to let my little personal coaches in this house down.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome that the boys are so into it for you! I also love how you used the word "challenge," not "diet." Very, very insightful and gave me something to think about. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very proud of you Susan. Very. I'm praying!

    ReplyDelete