"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Don't blink

I think the time is near...where our boys are more social than we are. 

 This morning I drove up to the border of MN and IA to meet my Dad and deliver Drew to him.  They are taking him on a 5 day trip to Washington D.C.  That is their 10th birthday gift to him.  They have taken the other grandchildren at 10 as well.  He is so excited about the trip.  They have so much planned it should be a packed few days for them.  Fancy hotel, tour of white house, Capital, the monuments, Arlington Natl Cemetery, seeing old friends (I was born in DC as was my big brother so lots of friends for them there).  Drew has all of his fancy clothes packed, khaki's, blazers...wow he is growing up.  I told him this morning on the drive up that he should probably wear his blazer on the plane over his shirt and with his jeans, his comment "Great idea Mom I think blazers look really good with jeans".  So cute...

Then there is Tommy...last night he had a baseball kickoff the season party he didn't get home until 10:30 from, had so much fun.  Today he had a birthday party from 1-4 at a friend from his old school and then he was invited to a NCAA basketball party at a boy from his basketball teams house 30 miles from here from 4:30-10 tonight.  His social calendar if filled for the weekend.  And trust me, he IS Mr. Social so loves it all.  

Hmmm...they are growing up quickly.  Both of them.  So proud of them and who they are becoming.  Can hardly believe they will be 10 and 12 this summer.  Where do the years go??  

This afternoon I snuggled with little Jack and took a little nap...happy to have him home with me.

Today I am reminded "Don't blink"...

No comments:

Post a Comment