"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Thursday, March 26, 2009

My Job


This week feels like it has been a whirlwind in a lot of ways.  Getting home from Spring Break late Saturday, and Scott leaving Monday for St Louis at the crack of dawn, starting this fitness challenge, the boys having Monday off from school, running Drew in for a mono recheck, unpacking, laundry, grocery shopping, healthy cooking and eating, working out daily....just seems like it has been non stop.  And we are about to enter the busiest time of year for our family, baseball season.(tonight the boys have 2 pitching lessons and 3 practices)

I am excited that today I can spend most of the day at home.  Finishing the unpacking, finishing the laundry (for today at least), getting the house picked up.  I went to my workout at 6:30 am so have that checked off the list already...can I tell you how much I love it when I can have my workout done before the boys go to school.

It's days like these I am really so truly grateful to be a stay at home Mom.  That I can have days where I can catch up, I can have some time for myself in the house to get on top of things.  As a little girl my biggest dream was to be happily married and be a Mom and be home! I honestly prayed for those dreams from 4th grade on, really.   And to be living that life is such a blessing.  

I am remembering that today...so thank you to my beloved husband for allowing me that privilege and honor and for always being supportive of that.    And thank you to my Mom and Dad for raising me to see just what an important job being a Mom and Wife is, for allowing me to know, even as a very little girl, that it is a highly valued "job" of its own.  And MOST of all, thanks to God for knowing my dreams and hearing my prayers.  I LOVE my "job"....

No comments:

Post a Comment