"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Think PINK

When I was in the 7th grade my Mom let me re-decorate my room.  I chose pink Laura Ashley...and a LOT of pink.  Carpet, wallpaper, bedding, balloon curtains...it was a LOT OF PINK and I loved it!  I loved that my Mom let me design it just the way I wanted it to look. 

 I have been missing pink.  I LOVE pink, and kind of had forgotten how happy the color makes me feel the past oh 17 ish years.  With all of these boys, pink just hasn't been in the decorating scheme...EVER.  I almost painted the laundry room pink 2-3 years ago but that was vetoed with a capital "V".  Then I thought about painting the bathroom pink...again, vetoed.  So this past week...I was starting my fall cleaning...which has basically led to a very messy house.  I have SO many photos to edit, things to do for my new Yearbook Advisor position at school, lots going on with the health of Mom and of course now Scott's parents, laundry to do, Homeroom Mom duties to work on...BUT...sometimes distraction from what NEEDS to get done is good for me. ...hmmm like catching up on my blog when I should be showering for the day, oh and just played a video game of Skylanders with Max.  I digress....

well my closet has gone pink.  SURPRISE to my LOVE....you have been gone, and my closet went pink.  Finally a room no one cared what I did with...yep my closet is pretty large, so it is like a room to me.  Although before I put that shelving back up on the wall I did debate for a moment making it a sanctuary for me and sharing a closet with Scott from now on...but opted against that.  I am slowly reloading my closet only with things I wear and love, which is a LOT.  

It's a room that makes me happy...the color makes me smile.  It is perfect and it is ALL mine.  And right no amidst some of what is going on in my life...having control of something feels GOOD!  So if you cannot find me, look in my closet.  I might be hiding in there.  

Think PINK friends...Just keeping it real. 







2 comments: