"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Daddy and Me Weekend

This is Max's first official "Daddy and Me" Ohio weekend.  Just the 2 of them.  Max has been looking forward to it for months.  He has had a few moments of maybe Mommy should come too, or can my Jackie come?  But when the time came, he was ready to hit the road alone.  Scott gets the "what a guy award" for driving 12 hours with a 4 year old to Ohio, all in one day.  Thankful for electronics and food to keep him entertained.  He didn't sleep until evening in the car...so lots of chatter and questions to fill the rest of the ride.

They started at the farm, and visiting Grandma and Grandpa Shisler.  They headed to Columbus last night.  So far these are the photos that have been coming through to my phone.  Priceless...precious memories.

Last night Drew was talking to Scott on the phone and I love what he said... "I bet it's hard to have a 4 year old all by yourself Dad.  But Dad, he will remember going to Ohio and the game for the rest of his life"

These weekends and traditions are a BIG DEAL at our house.  Priceless memories...precious moments.  I love that I married a man who gets what really matters in life....

Enjoy the photos...they make me smile





















2 comments:

  1. Love the pics. That smile on Max's face says it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been waiting for this post!!! How exciting for Max. I can't to hear how he liked the game!

    ReplyDelete