"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Grandma

This has been a long, hard week. Today I still have a Grandma on earth. Not for very long. She is readying herself for heaven.  I'm excited for her. I'm sad for me.  I'm broken hearted for my Mom. I'm sad my Mom isn't physically stronger. I know she wants to be with my Grandma but it's too hard on her.  

I dreamt last night that I rocked my Grandma until her last breath. That I went into her room, picked her up and held her all night long. Rocking her. Telling her how much I loved her and appreciated her.  I woke up crying. 

I saw Grandma on Wednesday night. We shared beautiful moments. She's tired. One more day she told me she is done with this world.  She has decided her body hurts too much. She is done. She had a stroke the day before, she's tired of fighting for her health. She told me "thank you" at least 20 times. She told me "love you" at least 20 times. She looked deep into my teary eyes and smiled her calm, sweet smile. 

 I told her I was excited she would soon see Jesus. She giggled. I told her she would be reunited with the men that she loved, 3 husbands, who she loved and buried. She smiled like a school girl. We held hands. She squeezed my hand. She has loved me well. She has loved so many well. She has cared about the details in my life. Always. The little stuff. She's cared about each of our boys and the details in their lives. It has all mattered to her. She has prayed and prayed and prayed for me. For my marriage. For our children. 

Oh how blessed I have been to have this legacy given to me from her. I don't take it for granted. Now we wait for Jesus to take her home. Oh how I will miss having a Grandma on this earth. 

 

Wednesday night...

Mother's Day 2013


Gma. Tommy. Mom. Max. 


1 comment:

  1. What an incredible legacy she will have. I am so glad you were with her this week. What an amazing gift to say I love you and see her smile. She will soon be gone but her love will live on in you and your boys.

    ReplyDelete