"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Snow wimps...

So Iowans are snow wimps...not as bad as North Carolina people...my friend Leanne texted me a picture last week on their "Snow Day" and there wasn't even SNOW on the ground.  :)

The phone rang at 5:30 am, thank you Waukee automated calls how did I get on YOUR list?  Scared me to DEATH.  And I had a baby next to me in bed (okay so he is 3 but I am still going to call him a baby) and didn't want to leap over him to get to the other side to answer the phone.  Scott was already up...so I just let it ring and ring LOUDLY and heard the caller ID saying it was Waukee Schools.

Seriously?  There was NO snow when we went to bed at 11.  And now there is maybe 4-5 inches?  And yes it's cold and blowing but really?  We could have gone to school.  The boys had mixed feelings.  Excited to have a day off in the middle of the week but frustrated that now school goes until June 4th.

I can tell you in Minnesota there are hardly EVER snow days.  I remember one from all of my years, and it was due to ice, not snow.  We had a few 2 hour delays in those years but maybe 3 or 4.  Iowans are snow wimps.

I had a picture appointment this morning for some dear family friends and their sweet grand baby....so we went to those this morning, I had 2 assistants along thanks to the snow day.  Jack and Drew loved to help and LOVE babies so it was a double bonus.  Then came home to take Tommy to his ortho appointment for yet another retainer, it was a ghost town there.  Picked up one of Tommy's friends on the way home fed them some gourmet Tombstone pizza and redeemed the meal with homemade chocolate chip cookies.

A pretty laid back day....

I love to look out at the snow, and listen to the wind and be in our warm home.  Love that feeling.  Making meatballs for dinner...it's a meatball kind of day.

Stay warm wherever you are...

1 comment:

  1. Out here in the country our roads were covered and blowing snow made the roads hard to see. (Please read in your best hick voice) but for real, the roads are different out here, :)

    ReplyDelete