"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Random Orphan Thoughts

163 Million Orphans in this world.  Only 8 million of them in orphanages or Institutions.  I can NOT imagine.  It brings me to tears, it breaks my heart.  As a Mom I can NOT imagine not being able to care for my child.  I can NOT imagine having to drop them off at an orphanage.

James 1:27

 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.


I have always felt like children were my "thing", it's why I became a teacher.  When I could tie God and children together...it was a bonus.  Sunday school teaching, VBS, Camp Counselor....  Children with special needs are another one of my "things".

This Red Card Class we are taking at church is eye opening to me in SO many ways.  



Last week in class I was assigned to read the following aloud...I didn't make it more than 3 words before the tears flowed.

"Poverty means that I may put my children in an orphanage, hoping that the people in charge can take care of my sons and daughters better than I can."

Our family verse for 2013

I John 3:18

 Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.

Where is this leading my heart....sometimes it feels like God is whispering and sometimes ....it seems a LOT LOUDER than a whisper


Pray for our family as we sort through all of this.  

3 comments: