"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Drive In

We went on a family "Surprise Ride" last night after we got home with Jack and Scott got home from his meetings. (we have been doing Surprise Rides for years, it's basically when Scott or I say "surprise ride" and the boys hop in the car without a CLUE of where we are going, they ALL still love them and try to figure out the destination the entire drive)  We headed to Newton Iowa and went to the Drive In movie of Cars 2.  The boys had not ever been to a Drive In, that includes Scott.  We went about once a summer when we were little to one near the cabin, such fun memories.  

I had packed up a picnic dinner for us and we were there at 6:45, PLENTY early.  :)  We got our choice of parking spots and ate our dinner.  Played some football and ran around.  The movie started close to 9:00.  It was a pretty late night for our camper but it was SO fun.  The movie I didn't like so much, but the family fun was SO worth the trip. I think it would be hard to top the original movie Cars.  We had 4 boys sound asleep by the time we hit the highway home.  





5 comments:

  1. We love the drive in too! I have such fond memories of the one I grew up with. Does make for a late night, but it sure is fun for the kids! So Cars 2 wasn't that great, huh? Darn...I was really hoping it would be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these ideas - both the drive-in and the surprise ride!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember going to the drive-in.It was such a special treat.What a great family memory for your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The surprise ride is brilliant - can't wait to try it sometime. We'll have to add the drive-in to our summer bucket list (I'm with you on the Cars review). It was so good to see you yesterday!

    ReplyDelete