"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Friday, July 30, 2010

20 years...really?


I have been busily scanning photos in for my 20th High School Reunion which is next weekend in Edina, MN. Hard to believe it has been that long. Really am I 38 years old? There are many days I still feel about 17. Then I look around at the 4 little boys (a couple NOT so little now) in this house and remember...yep I am 38.

I loved High School, really they were some wonderful years. I still have some very dear friends from high school. It's such a blessing to have friends to journey through life with and I have a handful of those yet who knew me when I was 16. A few are pictured here...

I am thankful to God for giving me some dear lifelong friends and I am so excited to see THEM next weekend. I think I need to update some of these photos next weekend. :)

My dear friend Shelley Wehr Shirley (yep Shelley Shirley & Susan Shisler laugh away friends)

My dear friend Mike Colby, close family friends since we were 3, our Mom's were close. Treasure that friendship.(this photo is from a Spring Choir concert, nice pants Mike)

My good friends Shelley and Leanne (note if I crowd myself in the middle it almost looks like I have an honors gold rope too)

My friend Stacey, proof that I once had a very flat tummy

My very favorite high school dance Prom 89' with Eugene Munster as my date, yep that's his real name (note Mike Colby again on far left) "Gene" Munster is now some big apple stock analyst on CNBC all the time for Piper Jaffery, google him. Funny he hasn't changed a bit, super nice guy and still single. Anyone know of a 30 something girl for him?

before a dance junior year, Leanne again and my friend Linda who was here to meet Max last week. My brother thought that my dress looked like a curtain. Hmm I do think it looks like my parent's chairs though.


Homecoming Court Senior year, yep we had to wear floor length white dresses with long sleeved gloves. Goofy huh? Oh well we thought it was lovely. (shelley front row left) And couldn't we have found a prettier place for a photo of us all than the library?

There are a few pics to make you laugh, grateful I never went with the big hair look (no comment Jen)...but laugh at the curled bangs in most. SO much fun. Oh and let's not forget the bows and ruffles on EVERY dress

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful then, more beautiful now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be so great to see you Susan! All of my photos are GLUED into a scrapbook so I can't scan any. That's what I get for being into scrap-booking before it was "in" and photo safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These were so much fun to look at, Susan! It is amazing how quickly time goes by. Hope you have a wonderful time at your reunion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such fun pictures Susan!! I agree with Makila... :)

    ReplyDelete