"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My new favorite app

Let me first mention the following...my Dad, whom I adore, doesn't understand my (and many others) love of black and white photos...nor will he understand my love for Polaroids. You see when he was a little boy they had NO other photo options but black and white. So...to my Dad the fact that you would use a modern full color capability camera, and then make the photo black and white, or vintage looking, or sepia...or polaroid just doesn't make sense. Why wouldn't you want the sharp, full color, high res photos cameras offer these days? Love you Dad...but I do love the look of old photos taken in 2010.

I read about these about this app on Pioneer Woman while searching for something else. But love the way these turned out. I have not been so thrilled with the iPhone camera, but this post talked about how to make the best use of a camera phone. And this ShakeIt app is like an old Polaroid Camera...sounds like one and then you shake the camera like you are drying the photo. The boys thought it was fun and they haven't a clue what a Polaroid was....funny.

Enjoy our polaroids from today.

Jack in his disguise from Wendy's


Max and I snuggling in our nursing chair


Max trying Sweet Potatoes


2 comments:

  1. Loving this!

    Laughing at the shaking the phone part. :) My grandma had a poloroid and I would love that shake the picture and watch it start to appear part.

    ReplyDelete