"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Mom

Mom got the results back from her MRI today. Not what we were hoping for, she does have a bulging disc. She will most likely need surgery. Yuck not what we wanted to hear at all. She meets with the neurosurgeon next Thursday, same Dr who did my Dad's back surgery a couple of years ago. Wonder if there is a family discount.

BUT I am reminding myself, as I have watched too many friends lose their Mom's this year...that this is a minor thing in the scheme of life. That this will be okay. She did not get a diagnosis of anything terminal today.

I am grateful for that...please be praying for her. Pray for my Dad as well, he does NOT do well when my Mom is not well. And he is not feeling 100% with his prostate cancer and radiation treatments. Pray for both of them. Thank you friends...

4 comments:

  1. Praying! For you too. My parents have gone through some non life threatening stuff in the last year and it's so hard to see them getting older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that news about your mom, Susan. It's tough timing when she's trying to care for your dad. I'm praying for both of them.

    ReplyDelete