"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

The Mundane Days

I often think about the days...the mundane days.  The days like today, where I have a million lists running through my mind of things that need to get done.

-pantry needs to be cleaned out
-Christmas lights put away
-the pile of donate, keep, sort sits still in the corner to be gone through
-the dishes that need to be hand washed because the dishwasher still isn't working right
-the clothes that need to be put away
-the thank you notes that still need to be written
-the paper piles on my desk need to be sorted
-the freezer that needs to get cleaned out and defrosted

then there are the boys...

-some who are sick
-well check ups this afternoon for others
-one who has a possible concussion headed into the Dr
-basketball uniforms that need to be washed
-team dinners that need to be planned
-socks that need to be sorted
-reading that needs to be practiced

then there are my own goals

-prayer journaling
-book reading
-bible studying
-eating healthy
-exercising daily

my other "jobs"

-photo editing
-Twig & Daisy planning for 2016
-yearbook planning and organizing

plans that need to begin

-graduation open houses
-spring break trips
-flights found
-college planning

And then I come back to last week...

-an 18 year old boy who took his own life
-a mom waking up to that thought every morning
-the word cancer again
-6 month check of a mammogram for myself with ultrasound scheduled

And it all comes into perspective again. 
What really matters?

The mundane days of God's faithfulness.  God hasn't moved, He is not surprised by any of this...He holds the plan.  Do I fully trust Him?  Do I fully trust in His plan?  That challenges me.  I like to be in control and I like to put the labels on the bins, coordinated with each other with a beautiful polka dot ribbon on top.  But I have to let go and let God in the little and the big stuff.  

No comments:

Post a Comment