"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Appliance repairs, tires, shower leaks, Mayo clinic and a grateful heart

I am about ready to turn the page on January, it has been a LONG month.  But I am choosing to remain grateful for what God has provided.

Last week we had a dishwasher that needed a new pump and 2 freezers that needed new parts.  But I am grateful that items were repairable, and I have learned that they truly DON'T make them like they used to.  2 of the 3 appliances are not even 3 years old.  I also have learned that Cascade is NOT good on new dishwashers.  I am grateful for appliances.  A dishwasher that is run daily thanks to a house full of people eating IN our home, together as often as we can.  A freezer that is filled with frozen pizzas, ice cream, chicken nuggets, and Smucker's pb&j sandwiches to go...that means this house is filled with boys who love to eat and are healthy.

Yesterday morning I got a frantic call from Drew at 7 am.  In tears, the tire popped and he had a flat and was scared.  I asked if he was okay and he responded "yes"...that's all that mattered.  The rest is steel and rubber.  He was okay.  I was grateful for God's protection of Drew, for the fact that he was on the road early to go a bible study by choice...I was grateful that we were able to purchase and install 4 new tires on the truck for the boys.  But MOST of all. Drew was fine.  He was by a gas station and parked the truck.  Scott went and picked him up.  Drew was apologetic to Scott...and Scott told me he just looked at him and said "Drew, it's a tire.  It is NOT a big deal.  YOU are the big deal".

Yesterday I was sitting in the family room talking with my Mom when I heard water...yep...a lot of water...coming down from the Master bedroom shower.  This shower has given us problems before, it really needs to be all redone.  It was not built well, our patch job didn't last.  I am still searching for some gratefulness in this one to be honest.  :)  Considering we had to purchase a new furnace in November, a new Sump pump system in December...and now this...well here it is, I am grateful for clean water. Not all countries have clean water and we do.  I am grateful there are 3 other showers in our house I can use while we await estimates and a plan to repair ours.

And lastly Mayo clinic...while I am not happy we NEED Mayo clinic in our lives I am so grateful for it.  It is close, and we have an appt for Mom there tomorrow.  Between my college friend who is a Radiologist's persistance and Tom Brokaw making a phone call...we fought until we got an appt.  I will be driving there later today to meet Mom and Dad.  I am SO grateful to have Mayo for Mom.  I KNOW there are so many brilliant minds there, and it is a place that gets things done.  All in one spot.

It has been a month...but the sun is shining and God is still in control. Oh and sweet Max’s backpack,snow pants and boots are with Scott traveling somewhere in Iowa today…just keeping it real.  We can’t quite remember it all between nights of 3 basketball games/practices something gets left in the wrong place.  

No comments:

Post a Comment