"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Thursday, January 21, 2016

My beloved

I try hard not to take my Love for granted...really hard...but I know so many days I do.  But today I was reminded again how the little things in marriage add up...how true love shows up in the mundane. (yep I am using that word again)  This year I want to be more intentional in so many ways, and I want to soak in the moments.  Not race through life.  

These are the little things I have noticed lately:

-he runs to the grocery store more often than I do, for eggs, for milk, for bread...most times I don't even have to ask.  He just does it knowing we are out.

-he does laundry, if I haven't done it he doesn't complain about the piles of laundry, he just does it.  

-he cuts meat off the bone for me (I cannot do it, and rarely do I make things with bones, but we had a roast chicken the other night and he just knows and cuts it off for me before it hits the table)

-he takes the boys and gives me breaks, without asking he plans something to get away with them.  An errand, a game, lifetime...something for them to do together to give me a moment

-he encourages me to workout with him, he doesn't get irritated when I say no, he just asks again the next day

-he does the dishes, almost every single night, he cleans up the dinner

-he brings in the mail and then let's me go through it first because he knows I love to see what's in the mail

-he thanks me for the things I do to make the house run smoothly, he appreciates me.

-he makes sure my car always has enough cleaning fluid on these slushy days of winter

-he makes me laugh

-he lets me cry

-he never complains when things aren't picked up around the house, never ever.  

-he makes our boys smile and laugh

-he follows the boys' grades online and spurs them on to do their best with weekly notes

-he sends us scripture in emails

I am grateful for him.  20 years of sharing life with him.  It matters who you marry.  






No comments:

Post a Comment