"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Routine is H-A-R-D but so good

Well we are on day 2 of being back into the school routine.  I wish I could say it felt great, but man I am beat.  I LOVE, love, love routine and order but wow did I get used to pajama days, and movies, and snuggles on the sofa and eating like a teenage boy.

Now it's January 5th, boys resumed school yesterday, I resumed began to eat healthy again, I even may have exercised, found my kitchen island, caught up on laundry, cleaned out the fridge...and I am tired.  Yep, more tired than I was when everyone was home.  You see our boys love home, almost as much as I do...so we love being home and just hanging out.  Getting up at 7 am, earlier for others who have morning basketball practice, is H-A-R-D.

Now it's time to catch up.  Write some thank yous, catch up on this blog (that still has a Father's Day post in draft form), clean out the pantry, catch up with Twig & Daisy and it's blog, file away the 2015 bills/receipts and wrap up 2015 with a pretty bow on it.

I am so very grateful to be able to be home, to be a Mom who is home.  I appreciate it more than ever I think, and I feel like I am needed at home as much if not MORE than I was when the boys were little.

As the calendar turned I became aware of the year 2-0-1-6.  This has been a year I have had in my head for years.  It always seemed so far away, Tommy's graduation year.  When he was in Kindergarten and he had a shirt that said Class of 2016 it was so cute and yet SO far away.  And wow, the page turned and here we are...

What more do we need to teach him?  What more do we need to pray for him?  Can he do laundry? Yes.  Can he cook some food?  yes.  Can he clean a bathroom?  yes. Can he jumpstart a car? yes.  Can he shop for food? yes.  Does he have good manners? I hope so. The list goes on and on in my mind.  What more does he need from us?  Have we taught him about loving God first?  Does he know that we pray for him to be pure for his wife?  Does he know the dangers of drinking?  drugs?  Does he know not to text and drive?  Are his roots deeply embedded in his faith, not our faith but HIS?  In the end we have to just pray and trust.  Pray that above all else he loves and follows the Lord and HIS will for his life...not ours, not Tommy's but Gods...


No comments:

Post a Comment