"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

No Good, Terrible, Very Bad Day

Almost 2 weeks ago on a Friday morning,  I woke up to what ended up being a no good, terrible, very bad day.

Tommy woke up sick.  Sent him back to bed and he slept until almost noon.  He rarely sleeps past 8 am so that was NOT a good sign.

Someone forgot their lunch and it needed to be taken to school.

I was late to an appointment with my Josten's rep for yearbook due to it all.  (I was also late due to taking the wrong exit as I was on the phone chatting with my Mom)

Came home to Tommy feeling better, but sad due to getting his latest ACT test scores back and them not improving from last fall.  They actually dropped a point even after hours of classes and tutoring.  Ugh...the fears of not being able to go to the colleges he desires are real for him.  I don't believe ACT is the only thing they base their admissions on but it has put a large fear into his heart over it.  Hard for a Mom to see.

Homecoming court was announced, one of Tommy's buddies told him he made the court but then we found out he was wrong.  So that stung.  

By now I have cried more than once today...Scott was in Ohio with Max for his Buckeye weekend. 

Jack was headed off to the Junior High retreat for the weekend.  We were late getting him to church for that, who knows why, but it added to the stress of my day.  

Tommy opted to go to the football game...felt better, he thought.  By the end of the game not so much. (after one trip to urgent care and another to our regular Dr we would later find out he had a sinus infection and strep throat, which Drew later got too)

I went to the second half of the game, to see if Drew would get in...he did not.  I then walked to the field after the game to the huddle of kids and parents to see he was icing his hand.  I was confused as he didn't play.  Found out he hurt it in warm ups, due to a freshman sort of goofing off during practice routes.  Ugh...he was in pain and it was already swollen.  I was sad for him.  (we later found out it was broken so he has been out of football for nearly 2 weeks now)

Dropped Drew off at a party for a girl in his grade, her sweet 16...my heart was ripped out dropping him off.  Seeing him walk to the party alone while groups of kids were driving and arriving together.  This has not been an easy 10 months with friends for Drew.  He is a great kid, a rule follower with a faith that can move mountains but right now, friends are not coming easily.  As a Mom that hurts...I know it hurts me more than it does him.

I called Scott on the way home...called my parents...sobbed to all who would listen.  Such a hard day.

But when I woke up Saturday morning, a friend sent me this video....for those of you who cannot see it I will tell you what it says.  It's from one of my favorite authors and speakers and Moms....Jen Hatmaker.  She talks about "anchoring our kids to Jesus" , "Raising Disciples" and how if that is our goal as Moms as parents that in the end...that is what matters the most.  She talks about how that should take away our worries. We have nothing to fear if they truly LOVE Jesus...nothing.  No worries about school, jobs, marriages...if they LOVE JESUS that will be enough to cover the rest.  It is JUST what I needed to see and hear that very next morning.  Thanks goodness for mornings, fresh starts and new days.  


No comments:

Post a Comment