"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Clearance

So this kid texted me from school yesterday, "Mom can you see if you can change my x-ray and check up to Thursday so I can maybe dress for the football game on Friday?"  Drew has been out for nearly 2 weeks with a broken finger. He has been splinted this whole time.

I called the office and sure enough they could get him in today at 11:15.

The entire drive over I told him that whatever Dr. Fish said or suggested we were going to do.  We were not going to do anything that would risk healthy growth of his finger.  He sort of agreed.

After an x-ray and a check up the Dr. told Drew he would give him clearance to play as long as it was "buddy taped" and that if it bothered him he would stop and listen to his body.  Drew was beyond thrilled.

Tomorrow night is the very first ever game in our stadium...our new stadium.  And it's a BIG deal.  A big deal in town, a big deal to our school, and a very big deal for Drew.

As we stopped by home so he could get his football stuff for practice today he was so happy.  He picked up the heavy bag, with pads and helmet and told me "I have never been so happy to carry this heavy bag in my life."

Sweet boy.  Thankful for healing, praying for protection of his hand/finger will make it through a couple more weeks of football.


Yes, I am THAT Mom that snaps photos like this walking into school after Dr. appointments


1 comment:

  1. Excited for Drew that he gets to play. The stadium looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete