"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Friday, October 30, 2015

4th born

Wednesday night was the night DMC played in their first football playoff game...it was COLD and windy.  Max and I were going to opt out but last minute I decided we should go and cheer on Drew and his team.

It was COLD but I was glad to be there.  Max and I were bundled, and snuggled.  All was going great.  We were sitting with good friends, keeping the concession stand busy and cheering.  Max was going back and forth between us and the student section with his big brothers because that is what he does.


There was about 2 minutes left in the game, I had just turned to Scott to tell him Drew was going IN! When Jack came running down to us carrying Max and saying he hit his head and that there was a lot of blood.  I grabbed Max and we held napkins up to stop slow the bleeding.  Gratefully one of our friends is a Doctor and he was sitting in front of us.  He took one look and said, "he sill need stitches".  The game ended and we got in the car.  I texted a friend whose son played little league with Drew 8 years ago...yep still had his cell.  He is a facial plastic surgeon.  He texted back to meet us at his office.  

 We drove there like this, with him on my lap buckled in.

30 minutes after meeting him at his office, we left with 2 layers of stitches and a VERY tired boy. 

Yesterday he stayed home with me, we were able to have one of his best friends come over, Sammie. She skipped her half day of K and they had the best time together.  Played on the iPads, stamped, played board games, watched a movie and went to Chick Fil A.  The best medicine of all.

She drew him this pic of them, note the stitches on his head.  lol



note her little hand on his back while they watched a movie


This morning I sent him to school.  He was excited to show everyone his "star" or scar.    Below is the transaction of emails between the school nurse and myself.  This kid is INDEPENDENT. 


From: Robin Fynaardt <rfynaardt@dmcs.org>
Subject: Re: Max
Date: October 30, 2015 at 8:55:16 AM CDT
To: Susan Shisler <smshisler@aol.com>

he came to me at start of day and explained and had me apply.  Thanks for the email
Robin Fynaardt

On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 8:51 AM, Susan Shisler <smshisler@aol.com> wrote:
Good morning Robin,

Max got stitches on Wednesday night after hitting his head on the bleachers, we are supposed to try to keep the cut moist while it heals.  He has Bacitracin with him and he really just needs it twice during the school day.  If you wouldn’t mind doing that for him I would so appreciate it.

He stayed home yesterday and is feeling fine today.

thanks Robin

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment