"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

My Dad's Hands

There has ALWAYS been something about my Dad's hands that I have loved so much.  He has really strong hands, and pretty big fingers which we have teased him about.  He has a fingernail that has never grown back right, I believe it was from slamming it in the door as a child.  He has a gold wedding band on his ring finger that he never takes off, it's simple and I love it.  I love it so much the one I gave to Scott when we got married looks almost exactly the same.

When my parents were here this past weekend for Max's birthday we went to church on Sunday.  It ended up that I got to sit by my Dad.  And as he always does, he put his arm around me.  I love that about him.  I love nestling into his shoulder still at 42 years old.  I love that he grabs my shoulder with his hand and squeezes it every so often.  Max bounced back and forth from my lap, to Tommy's lap, to my Dad's lap during church.  He talked Papa into taking him out to the bathroom once even too.

While I don't think my Dad noticed I snapped this photo during church.  These are moments I LOVE cameras on phones.   I took it just as a reminder to me of my Dad's hands…and how safe and secure I have ALWAYS felt with him.  He is protective of me, still…to this day.  I love that.  Scott is protective of me, it was one of the very first things I noticed of him when we started dating…it's one of my favorite things.

I feel so blessed to have the relationship with my Dad that I have.  I don't take him for granted.  I know not all little girls have been so blessed.  I know I have friends whose Dad's are no longer on this earth and my heart aches for them.   My heart is so grateful.  God is SO good to have chosen my Dad for me.   I treasure my Dad….and now I am crying.  Love you Dad.  XOXO


1 comment:

  1. You are so so blessed to have this. When I read this post I don't feel sad that I didn't have that in my life, but happy that my children will :)

    ReplyDelete