"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Still playing catch up..Camp Dontwannamissit

So I am still trying to catch up on blog posts from summer...my side gig of photography has been more like a full time gig lately which is a blessing but also a tough balance for me.  so...the laundry is behind, the house already behind...meals suffer...it's a tough juggle.  I don't know how moms work full time and juggle families, my brain doesn't work well that way at this point in my life at least.  :)

So back in August the boys attended "Camp Dontwannamissit" which is basically a night where Des Moines Golf and Country Club allows camping on the driving range, they cook the meals...and you get to camp.  It's about as nice as it comes as far as camping in a tent goes.  Scott agreed, bless his BIG heart, to take the boys.  I agreed, to stop in and take some photos of their adventures and I also suggested Max come home with me and they not attempt to have a 3 year old all night in a tent.  Tommy and his buddy David went for a bit, and then agreed staying at our house in the AC sounded like a very nice option.  That left Scott, Drew and Jack to the actual overnight camping portion.  They had a terrific time.

Setting up camp and hanging out before and after dinner is the best part...drive the golf carts out and set up camp.  It's NOT really roughing it I know but the boys really LOVE it.  Drew and Jack especially.

















1 comment: