"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Are you ready for some football?

Yes football is in full swing around here with both Drew and Jack playing.  Drew plays on the 8th grade team at DMC and Jack is playing on the Senior Team in the new tackle league through school for 4th-6th graders.  He plays with the 6th graders.

Thursday night, Drew played at home and it could not have been MORE beautiful outside for a game.  He is #16, which was the same number as Tommy when he was in Jr High.  Please don't ask me what positions he plays, I have NO clue...he does do the long snap for kicks I know that much, but otherwise.  I am not sure.  He plays both offense and defense and his best buddy Tyler #12 is the QB...I know that much.







This is how the 4th little guy rolls, he slept through the entire game, on a blanket on the hill.

Then this morning I looked out my kitchen window to find this scene.  Drew and Jack "practicing" for Jack's game while Max sat and "Coached" with his dry erase marker and board.  What a riot.








This afternoon was Jack's game in Osceola.  It was another beautiful day for football, we had fun cheering him on despite their loss.  Jack is LOVING his first year of tackle football.  Max has a hard time when his Jackie plays, he wants to be right there with him.  These two have such a neat bond.  When Jack ran onto the field he looked right in the stands for Max and then did the "I've got my eyes on you" point to Max...while Max waved like a crazy man.  Tears in my eyes,....Jack is SUCH a great brother to Max.  You can see some of the pics at the end of the game where we let Max go onto the field to see his "Jackie".  Jack is #71, I am sure he chose it since I was born in 1971.  :)



Max looking out at his #71












No comments:

Post a Comment