"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Not a big deal

Not a big deal but today Tommy came home from school and worked on this project with Max...



And when it was completed this is what they looked like headed out the door TOGETHER...one with flowers and one with a " Homecoming?" sign.

Tommy's friend Maria babysits Max sometimes and Max just adores her, so Tommy thought it would be fun to include him in the dance asking.  Oh my this takes me BACK to High School, but of course I was on the other side waiting to be asked.  I think I like this side better. :)  Tommy had asked me earlier in the day to be sure she would be home after school.  We had that confirmed and off they went to her house. 

About 10 minutes later I got the following text: 
"She said yes.
 It was good.  
Max did really well.
 It was fun. 
She was glad."

My question back....can you guess?  Did you get a picture?....hmmm NO was the response I got.  Oh well I guess some things have to be in your memory.

Whew check that off the list.  First dance ever, first date to a dance ever...and he chose a sweet girl who we have known since she was probably 4 years old at church.  They serve together in Cubbies on Wednesday night.  Maria has such a heart for others, she is a joy.  

It will be a fun weekend for them...they have lots of friends going to dinner and the dance as well, so there will be a BIG group of them.  It will be fun.  

I promised no instagram pics, no facebook posts, nothing on twitter but the blog...it's private.  Tommy has reminded me...this is "Not a big deal"...but to a Mom it kinda is.  

7 comments:

  1. Does everyone get asked to homecoming with flowers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness...this doesn't seem possible. I teared up a little thinking how big these boys are getting! So glad that he chose a great girl....such a sweet thought to include Max!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for Tommy. Glad he is mindful of WHO he asks! SO, SO, SOOOO important.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm crying again even though I already knew!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely precious!!! It is amazing the detail that goes into asking someone to homecoming. Sam is going for the first time too. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exciting stuff!!! Hope they have a wonderful time.:)

    ReplyDelete