"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Done complaining

Last night while checking out of Walmart with the final items needed for canning pickles today...(another blog post of its own) I was chatting with the Walmart employee checking me out.  We were talking about the weather, it was 102 degrees here yesterday again.  I said I was SO tired of this heat and was ready for it to end.  She agreed but then added this, "My son is in Afghanistan serving and it has been 118 degrees there and he has to carry his big pack in the heat too"...GULP GULP GULP.

All I could say, while trying not to cry was this.."I am so sorry for complaining.   Please thank your son for serving our country.  I have nothing to complain about.  I will pray for him"

And out the door I walked humbled, embarrassed and with a new outlook on the heat.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I stopped complaining once I read this on fb

    ReplyDelete