"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Friday, March 1, 2013

Insta Friday

 Welcome to Insta Friday actually ON Friday.  :)  (although I am writing it on Thursday lol)


 Took pictures of this sweet baby and his siblings....Drew, Jack and I fought over who got to hold him. 

 "bow and arrow" practice Mommy.

 HUGE snow storm that was supposed to hit us last Thursday and Friday.  I even let Tommy and Drew each have friends sleepover counting on it being BAD.  Then Thursday night about 9 it was NOT bad, I told the boys they had better get their homework done.  :)  

 Close up of Daddy's Birthday cake Max decorated last week ALL BY HIMSELF.



 Last week I went to get my nails done, Max was along...and guess what looked like fun to him?  Paint on HIS nails.  His brothers weren't thrilled with me.  His Daddy just laughed, he didn't mind at all.  Max thought they were cool.

 Lunch date with this boy on his day off of school on Friday last week.

 Scott's friends had this made for a meeting he was at on the morning of his birthday.

 Yep LOVE our thin mints....
 Friday night we had these kids over for dinner, some of our favorites.  The Veurink family.  Still miss their Dad and our friend being here on earth.  

 Someone is quite independent with his shoes...and everything else.  

 Sadly we went to a funeral on Saturday for a college friends wife, she was diagnosed with a brain tumor and died later that week.  On the way there in the car I realized...I still had on the Doc McStuffins bandaid from my morning Check Up with Dr Max.  :)


 The above 2 thoughts, captured my heart on Pinterest.

 Sort of funny.....sort of not.  Edina continues with the "reputation"

 Sweet napping boy whom we love..

 Drew is the one in focus, his choir at school had a concert on Monday night with several other schools in the area.  He looked SO handsome in his tie.  Wish I would have taken a picture of him with it, before he took it off.  NOT a fan of black shirts, but STILL love a boy in a tie.  



During Drew's concert...Max played games and Tommy watched patiently with his friend Keaton.


 Still potty training, less bribes...but they still exist.  These were one sale this week, buy one get one 50% off so we stocked up.

 A surprise Snow storm blew through here on Tuesday, the boys had an early out.  We LOVE snow in this house.  LOVE it...so pretty.











The day of the storm I had offered to watch my friend Erin's baby boy....it was her birthday and they were going out for dinner.  I asked her when I dropped her boys off from the early out at school, if we could by chance take him then?  She decided YES we could.  So we had the privilege of having him here all afternoon and evening.  We fought over who got to hold him, feed him, keep him awake.  He is precious and we are all in love with him.  Drew kept telling me "Mom I really just love him".  Raising some future Dad's around here.

When did I get old enough to have a son that can drive to school?  We are in the car shopping mode.  In Iowa you can drive to school at 14 1/2 Years old  actually.  Tommy is 15 but just took drivers ed this summer so couldn't have driven until December.  But really?  Filling paperwork out.  With golf and baseball coming up, it sure would be a blessing for him to get back and forth on his own.  Then in July he will have his full license.  They grow up fast, DON"T BLINK

 
 My parents went to the Gopher/Indiana game on Tuesday night.  See them there in the crown, in focus.  It was fun to watch them on ESPN.  My Mom cheering?  She was paying attention.  :)  cute


 Well Tommy has been asking for a Twitter account.  And yesterday I signed on to see what it was all about.  When I put in various family members names sometimes things came up, sometimes not.  A LOT came up for my Dad.  Which made me chuckle.  Even though most was a couple of years old.  Dad you're on Twitter, did you know that??

Max took this ariel view of his Skylanders yesterday.  These are the potty training rewards.  Yes Tommy reminds me often, when he was potty trained he got and M & M's...Max gets actual toys.  Life isn't fair, true.  But you have a Twitter now so I think you should be happy. :)

Happy weekend.  All 3 boys have social plans tonight, we don't.  Think this is the new norm around here the past few weekends.  Hmmmm....

2 comments:

  1. Just think Tommy, M&m's don't need to be picked up!

    I have never heard o Skylanders.

    ReplyDelete