"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Friday, October 5, 2012

Leap of Faith

Thursday morning I took Tommy to the airport and watched him check himself in...and walk through security without me.  And guess what, he didn't need me for ANY of it.  I waited until he was out of site then sobbed like a baby.  Called Scott he asked if Tommy was okay my response, "He is fine, I am not".

The GREAT news is that Tommy made it to Ohio, through a 3 hour layover and transfer of gates just fine, without needing us one bit.

So proud of him...he is sure growing up.  And sigh, think I am learning a thing or 2 along the way.  MOST of all, God really does LOVE our boys MORE than we do and HIS protection is with them whether we are there, or not.  Now don't think I am ready to send him out the door to college quite yet...baby steps my friends, baby steps.







 He texted this to me from the plane.  Seated and ready to go.

 showing me the fountain, on facetime, in 
Detroit because he knows that's my favorite thing at that airport!

Then showing his Momma, with puffy eyes from crying...that he is alive and well at the gate.  Sigh...

3 comments:

  1. oh Susan, I am crying just reading this! You are paving the way so well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that he texted you pics and facetimed you the fountain. So, so sweet. Thankful everything went smoothly and safely for his trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is good all the time. Thankful for a wonderful safe trip.

    ReplyDelete