"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

"Don't Care"

It has been quite the week around here....Scott got home last week mid week after helping his Dad harvest and going to the OSU vs NE game with Tommy.  His Dad fell on Friday, broke his back and his clavicle letting the dog out of the barn (broke a vertebrae to be exact).

Friday night I had a photo shoot lined up with a customer of Scott's...and we had told Tommy he could invite some friends over, he invited 7.  So the guys hung out, after the photo session Scott invited that family over for pizza too...so it was a FULL house on Friday night.




The rest of the weekend was full of photo sessions 5 total, football, some rain, and some yard work.  Scott got a call that his Dad had gone back into the hospital that morning due to the tremendous amount of pain he was in.  So Scott decided he had better head back out there to be there on monday to help harvest, and just be there for his parents.  (I love this man by the way)  So off he went...

To say this week has been crazy is an understatement.  I have been taking photos at night trying to get the fall colors, Tommy hurt his ankle playing basketball, Drew is finishing up with football, Jack has football and basketball this week and last night Max fell off the sofa while I was gone and Jack was with him.  I came home to blood and a baby tooth lose and pushed back and cuts in his mouth.  After a call to our good friend Larry, a dentist, we ran him there for an Emergency Check and all will heal.  I wasn't feeling great yesterday afternoon so Tommy offered to do my grocery shopping for me.  :)  I dropped him at Hyvee with my debit card and he did a great job.  Picked him up about an hour later.  He snuck in some fruit snacks :), otherwise stuck to the list well.  Made good choices in other items he chose on his own.

This morning Scott's Dad went in for surgery, all went well and they repaired his back.  Scott is still there working frantically to get the harvest done...thankful for the neighbors that have come to help him, one yesterday and 2 today.  His Mom isn't feeling very well which is hard too for everyone.  '

Tonight is my last night for my bible study on Mothers and Sons...5 Conversations you must have with your Son...and I had completely spaced off getting someone to watch Max for it, because Scott has been doing that.  And my friend Cheryl emailed if they could help at all tonight, she is IN my bible study...I said I needed help with Max...and her husband has stepped up to love on him during that time.  Max adores "Mr Minor" and cannot wait to be with him.  Thankful...

My brother and his family come tonight for the weekend, MN schools have a long weekend.  So I texted him this morning telling him my week has been crazy and to be forewarned that the house is NOT ready for guests...and here was his short, brotherly response that honestly MADE MY DAY...

"DON'T CARE"....thankful for that.  Love that he means that too...

No comments:

Post a Comment