"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Scrapbooking love...

One of the things I LOVE to do is scrapbook, I have loved it since I was a little girl.  I just don't have the time any more.  But last Saturday, during the rainstorm, we got water in our basement.  Not terrible, but bad enough that we had to pull up some carpet and move furniture from one side of the room to the other. The main piece was this armoire that holds all of my scrapbooking stuff.  So we had to quickly empty it out and put everything on top of the pool table in order to move the armoire.  Piles and baskets and albums, and pages, and paper, and stickers....well you get the idea.

It made me kind of sad.  Sad that I cannot scrapbook much anymore.  Yes, I make the boys each Shutterfly books at the end of each year, I do this blog and print it out each year as a journal and diary...and YES I take loads of photos, and purchase school pictures, and sports team pictures etc.  But just kind of sad that life is so busy I cannot sit and savor the photos, the memories, that they have been thrown into an armoire for later projects.

I decided that instead of reloading the armoire I would put stuff back in with order.  And get caught up with the albums I am committed to doing for our boys. And I will have to post some pictures to show you just HOW bad it is....

The older 3 each have the following...

-Birthday Book
-Sports and Activities Book
-School Days Book
-Portrait Book

Then I have another few scrapbooks for the following...

-Our Wedding Anniversaries
-Our family portraits
-The boys portraits together

I knew I was behind, but guess the years have flown by and I didn't realize just how FAR behind I really am.  Well...our anniversary book ended with our 6th Anniversary, umm we just celebrated our 17th.  Tommy's School book ended in the 2nd grade.  Jack's sports book ended with preschool flag football, the Portraits of the boys together ended in 2007...sigh I was farther behind than I thought.

With the help of Drew, we have gotten all of the baskets, bins and files sorted out.  And we are catching up on books quickly.  There is no journaling in any of these, no cute stickers, no background paper...just getting the photos in the right order and stuck on the pages.  It feels SO good to get caught up, it's SO fun to look back at all of the pictures.  How QUICKLY these boys are growing up.  Seriously I have been taken BACK by how much they have changed when you look at these pictures from year to year...sigh.  I miss the hours and scrapbooking photos and journaling, but it's not realistic to expect that out of myself any more.  The blog captures that as best as it can right now.

And hopefully, by the end of this organizational miracle and task ahead... Max will have a Baby book started.  :)

1 comment:

  1. relax....your yearly books are so cool....just let the scrapbooking go...it's ok....keep taking pictures and blogging......

    ReplyDelete