"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Lego Organizing

I asked Jack this weekend to organize his legos.  This has been an ongoing battle between he and I.  We have SO many legos, they are over running our house.  Yet, he LOVES them and Max may LOVE them so I am not ready to give them away just yet.

Last night was a rough night for Mr. Max, he did NOT sleep well AT all.  And so I had a lot of time to think while trying to console him and get him to sleep.  I had thought of parts of this earlier yesterday but worked on it much of today...you see the basement organization is next up on my list of things to do before summer is here, all the boys are home and I become a full time taxi driver.

For those friends of mine who have the odd notion that our house is always clean and perfect...stop by sometime unannounced...or just view this before photo of the little room under the basement stairs.

BEFORE



and AFTER



Still need to work on where Jack can build his stuff, besides the floor.  But at least it's contained and in order.  The build a bear stuff has been sorted and some will be stored and the rest...well it will not be here any longer.

My Mom comes tomorrow for some 2 year old relief...she will hang with Max while I continue my cleaning and sorting.  She is great help too, she knows how I think so we sort and organize well together. Can't wait to see you Mom.


Well better go wake the little guy who literally crashed out on the floor right after lunch so tired from his evening drama last night.  Time to get the big boys from school.  

1 comment:

  1. We haven't entered lego-land yet. I remember stepping on my brothers lego's growing up and now I have this deeply negative feeling toward them. LOL.

    But it must be a two year old thing... Cruz has been passing out in his tracks too. And not sleeping well either...

    ReplyDelete