"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Growing up

Our baby is growing up...he wants to be 12 most days, some days 5 and some days he is 2.  It's SO fun to watch him grow and SO fun to listen to his vocabulary multiply.

He is ready for a big bed.  His Momma is not.  He now chooses to go to sleep in our bed, and we move him to his crib.  When he realizes he is in his crib he tries to climb out...then he sleeps with Jack.  Sigh.  Growing up.
(taken last night when I went to bed, before I moved him)


We have baseball nearly every single day of the week for his big brothers.  He "thinks" he has a team too, and has baseball practice.  Last night we drove by McDonalds on the way home from picking Drew up from baseball and here is what he said.

"Go to Donald's, then go to my baseball.  My team is fire baseball"...sigh growing up. Scary he knows the name of McDonalds too, didn't know that.

And yesterday, he figured out how to make phone calls on my iPhone.  He was playing with my phone and all of a sudden told me "I call Papa" I said, no we are not calling Papa right now.  Papa was at work.  We would call him later.  I looked down and sure enough...he was calling my Dad.  He had seen his photo in my contacts and pushed call.  I quick hung up, hoping NOT to bother Dad in a meeting...but like Dad always does...he called back, just in case we had needed him.  (side note, my Dad always calls back...regardless if he's in a meeting or not he NEVER turns down my calls)....I was laughing SO hard when I answered it because I realized Max REALLY HAD called my Dad.  Then Max was laughing and my Dad too.  It was too funny...

Growing up....guess it's time to get the bunk beds back up and watch my phone a little bit closer.  :)

4 comments:

  1. *sigh* Growing up. *sigh*

    funny about Max calling your dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that picture is just priceless. I'm so teary from the part about your dad. Don't know why, but there's just something about it as I grow older. I just appreciate family/parents/grandparents so much more than EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, Gracelyn knows McDonalds too and Chick fil a and Target. :)

    Love the story about your dad. So, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet kiddos...it is amazing how quickly they grow up and I want to video tape almost everything they say :) Your Mom & Dad are so amazing!

    ReplyDelete