"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Weekend Catch Up Ramble

Not sure where the weeks go...but it is already Sunday again.

The week was good, full, but good.  I am still doing my 5:15 am workout class every morning.  And have learned to really enjoy that.  I haven't felt this much energy or this strong for a lot of years.  Down about 15 lbs...2 more weeks in this "challenge"...my goal is to lose 20 lbs in this challenge.  So I have my work cut out for me these last 2 weeks.  After that my goal is another 20...then I will be at my goal weight.  It's been great to start to get back into shape again.  I hope the next 20 comes off before June.  That's my goal.  I will continue the early morning work outs...after years of dreading mornings and NOT being a morning person I have learned to love getting my workout DONE and home by 6:30 and ready to start my day.  It's checked off the list.  Of course I miss my late nights...but so much of those late nights were spent during stuff that either was a waste of time, or stuff that I could have done during the daytime just didn't have the energy.

We had a busy weekend.  Tommy and Drew both played basketball in a tournament in Boone Iowa, which is about a 50 minute drive from here. Scott was the only one that made it out as a fan, Jack, Max and I opted to stay home.

Saturday I picked up a big load of ground beef and chicken from a bulk distributor and spent a couple of hours separating it into smaller bags for the freezer.

Saturday night we also had a 40th bday party for a Customer of Scott's...it was held at this very cool barn in West Des Moines.  We met the basketball boys there...it was a great party.

This morning we had church at 8:15, and Sunday School at 9:30 and then I teach in our Special Needs Sunday School classroom once or twice a month at 11:00.  Today was one of those days.  Drew and Tommy stayed with me to help in the room.

This afternoon the boys have been home and played outside most of the day since it was in the 50's.  I went to a healthy cooking class for a few hours and we just finished up dinner.  Hoping for a quieter week this week...but never seems to happen.  Both Tommy and Drew have started baseball practices on top of finishing up the basketball season.  So our weeknights are very full not to mention busy weekends.

Scott's sister Kathy comes on Friday night late for the weekend, she won't know what hit her with the busy weekend ahead.  :)  More basketball tournaments, birthday party for Jack to go to, a bridal shower for me to go to, and a few other things going on Saturday.   We are looking forward to having her here...

Max is talking up a STORM these days..."watch Max", "eat pancakes please", "I try", "hold you up high", "my turn", "chips please", "get Daddy a Buckeye shirt", "Watch Max jump" etc and so on...it's so fun to watch him chatter away.




2 comments:

  1. :) You have constant 2 year old commentary too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I want to hear more about your healthy cooking class!

    Love that one of Max's phrases is "get Daddy a Buckeye shirt." Cute.

    ReplyDelete