"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Valentine

Despite the day of surgery ahead Scott was prepared, think he finished this morning around 5 am but he finished...my Love surprised me this afternoon with this homemade Valentine's day gift...the BEST kind of gifts are ALWAYS homemade.

It is a jar filled with 31 different reasons he loves me and is grateful he married me.

Sigh...he had it hidden in the top of his nightstand drawer.  This afternoon when I went to check in on him he asked if I wanted my Valentine's day gift.  I assumed it was a kiss from my patient...instead it was this jar.  He told me I could open one a day all month long.  

So sweet.  I cannot wait to read them all...

today's was I am grateful I married you because you were willing to leave the bubble for me.  For those of you who don't know what "the bubble" is, it's what we refer to Edina as...where I grew up.  It's kind of a Beaver Cleaver suburb, everything appears clean, perfect, tidy...everyone "appears" to be kind, well off, and happy ALL THE TIME.  :)  We all know that there is no place like that in real life, but it was very VERY hard for me to leave Edina, Minnesota and my parents.  A big deal for this homebody girl.  And my love...I would do it over and over again to be with you. XOXO Love you




5 comments:

  1. Oh, that is so sweet. Can't wait to hear more of them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very sweet. What a wonderful surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun, simple, and memorable! Nice work Scott!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the sweetest and most precious gift!!! Leaving the bubble IS huge. I left the southern bubble for Russell--never thought I would do that since I chose my college based on how long it would take me to get home on weekends to see my parents.:)lol (One hour and fifteen minutes to be exact!---one way)

    LOVE makes us do crazy things, but it is so worth it.:) Y'all are a great couple.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How thoughtful and wonderful. What an amazing gift!

    ReplyDelete