"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Friday, February 3, 2012

10 down...





This is my theme for 2012.  :)  My goal to better fitness and to finding the athlete in me again...no excuses this year.  I am shocked and amazed that I am LOVING working out at 5:15 am.  It's not really the working out I love...it's the feeling at 6:20 am when class is done and we are stretching out and I am headed home that I love.  It's what gets my out of bed.  

I am NOT a morning person.  I am a night owl and have had to switch that thinking in me.  It has been SO worth it.  I have more energy than I have had in months and months.  Odd isn't it? I am eating better and feeling better.  I am a better Mom and wife...less cranky and less exhausted.  My clothes will start to feel loose soon....can't wait for that.  I have been there before, and I will be there again.

We are at the end of week 4 in my 9 week Kickboxing class challenge.  I am down 10 lbs.  I have 30 more I would like to lose.  Turned 40 in December and want to lose 40 in 2012.  Hopefully by May or June.  I KNOW I will feel so much better.  Once the challenge is done then it's just back to the new routine of working out without any one checking my daily food intake.  But it is a new habit that I am liking.  Goals in Motion, where I do my workouts, motivates me.  I have been there before and the people there inspire me and the class environment makes it so I have to push myself and I have NO excuses when I am there.

So onto the next 10 lbs...
then the next 10...
then the next 10.  :)

5 comments: