"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Monday, October 11, 2010

Our 9 month old Baby


Max is 9 months old today, where has the time gone? (well I know it's gone to baseball, basketball, golf, football, school days, busy summer days...whew it just goes so fast)

Max continues to be a laid back, sweet as apple pie little guy. He officially had his first 2 babysitters last week. My friend Amy and then my friend Cheryl each took him for a couple of hours different days. Once for my haircut and once for the pictures taken of the Veurinks. He did fine, I sobbed the first time, and was fine the second.

Max still is a terrible sleeper, well he is a great sleeper if he is by his Momma and can nurse often. But on his own, terrible. And most of the time, I am too tired to want to fight it all. So he is with us many nights from about 1:00 on. hmm I know I know to those of you with very routine kids, I have failed with "Babywise" training. But oh well, he is the last so I am sure this won't be the last thing I give in on. That's for sure.

Max is not crawling yet, but getting so close. Gets on his knees and even toes to push off then falls on his tummy. He can roll to what he wants or inch worm there somehow. He loves to eat Baby Puffs, cheerios and graham crackers on his own. He still eats baby food 3 times a day and isn't too picky on the flavor. We have tried some table food, mainly peas, he is okay with it but isn't really chewing it much. :) The sippy cup is not working too well, but it's fun. Since he never takes a bottle, I don't think he has a clue what to do with it but chew on it. He will learn.

Max is the highlight of his big brothers' days most of the time. They all love him to pieces. Have you ever heard the phrase "trophy wife"? Well he is the "Trophy Brother", often taken out of my arms and shown off to their friends.

Max loves to read books, he turns the pages and pats at the book. He loves his Little People toys, balls, and PEEK a Boo. He has a hearty hearty giggle. He also now has a fake cough which is very funny and is babbling DADADADADA WAWAWAWA most of the day. He is a chatterbox and tries to keep up with his brothers.

We are loving having him, he continues to make us all smile. Happy 9 month birthday little buddy.

Oh and the pictures, his first Buckeye jersey. Tommy and Daddy brought it home from Ohio yesterday for him. More on their weekend later.


2 comments:

  1. I would like a picture to show his whole jersey. The picture is adorable but I know you have one showing his whole shirt. :)

    I love the trophy brother phrase. So cute. So true.

    I'm so glad Max is a part of your family. I have loved getting to watch him change and grow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 9 months little man!!! LOVE the picture of him Susan! It's priceless! Don't worry about the sleeping with you thing... if you don't mind it, then it's a treasure for you both! XOXO

    ReplyDelete