"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Monday, February 10, 2014

Home from the sun

Well I am home from the sunshine of Florida…

It has been awhile since I posted last.  Trying to catch up around here, which feels like a constant to me.  Always something to catch up on isn't there?

Let's talk about Florida…the sunshine, the warmth, the sweat that rolled off my brow as I walked on a long beach filled with sand, shells…dolphins splashing 20 feet from me, pelicans swooping down for their breakfast….sigh….yes it wasn't a dream.  I actually had the life of a teenager for a 6 days.  Oh how nice was that…I am old enough to appreciate the TLC from my parents…and at a stage in life where I have teenagers who LONG to be adults..they need to rethink that.  Hmm I love the teenage life, no responsibility.  Just be kind and respectful to your parents…it was like a dream.  I sat between them on the flight down, I rode in the back seat of the rental car,  Mom made breakfast for me, my Dad paid for dinners out (well I snuck in one to pay for)…

I literally walked every morning on the beach.  Then sat by the pool the rest of the day.  That was it…read books and talked to my parents.  Nothing more, nothing less.  It was perfection.  I feel so blessed to enjoy my parents so much.

There were so many moments I wanted to freeze in time…times I got choked up walking with my Dad…laughing with my Mom…I just want to bottle those moments to replay for the rest of my life.

I didn't take any photos with a "real" camera, just with my phone…enjoy the trip in pictures.

Thanks again Mom and Dad…love you both SO much.

P.S. And before you start crying a sob story for the boys I left behind, KNOW that they did NOT suffer while at home without me. Another post coming to explain that...





 Opened my suitcase to letters from EACH of my boys…tears may have come.  









 Mom and I chuckled at this

 walking on the beach provided great exercise and great rest



 Max wanted a pic of us….





 My view for 4 full days













3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed every picture and all the details! I'm so glad you got to do this...such a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun and relaxing trip! I laughed at the treadmill pic. So true. Those people who only talk about their workout on fb get blocked. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so thankful you had that time with your parents! Immensely blessed.

    ReplyDelete