"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day

It was 19 years ago today that Scott first told me he loved me...we had spent the weekend attending the NBA All Star game and dunk contest in Minneapolis...romantic isn't he?  He gave me this crystal heart.  I KNEW I would marry him.  And here we are...





Last night we snuck out for a Valentine's day dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, 801 Chop House.  We hadn't been there in over 2 years.  We usually go there on our Anniversary but for some reason had not gone.  It's SO yummy and it's SUCH a treat.  We had a fun evening together.  I love him so.




 
Beautiful tulips delivered by him yesterday


Today was our day to have sweet Hinckley over to play with Max.  So I had 2 little guys to love on all day...we made cookies for Tommy's spanish party, brought him lunch and snuck out to Chick Fil A to celebrate together.  








I came home to cupcakes and a Starbucks hot chocolate waiting for me after picking up the boys at school.


It's quiet now, all of the boys are at the High School basketball game but Max.  We are home, he is quietly playing and I am about to get jammies on and snuggle up with him to watch a show.

Valentine's day is a bit overrated to me, but I do LOVE the memories it brings of Scott first telling me he loved me.  And the funny thing is...I know I didn't say it back to him that day and I cannot remember when I first told him I loved him.  I was playing hard to get I guess.  But I sure love him now...through it all...the ups and downs...the smiles and tears...he is steady and strong...

2 comments:

  1. Those cupcakes look delicious! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved hearing about your getting the heart necklace & Scott telling you he loved you.

    ReplyDelete