"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Sweet baby

Most of you know I am a BABY lover....yesterday my friend Erin brought her newborn baby boy Cameron David over for some pictures.  Sigh...be still my heart.  Could he be any more beautiful?





 Max couldn't resist him either....

Look at the peace, content and joy in his Mama's face.  Sigh....

Oh how I love adoption and the calling some people really have to adopt children.  We have other good friends who just announced to us yesterday they are about to file paperwork for their own adoption of a little guy.  
While I was making dinner last night Scott came over to me, with a little fear in his eyes...checking in to be sure I wasn't on the adopt a child mode now.  He knows how I love babies.  He knows I am excited to Visit Orphans with Drew...he also knows how overwhelmed some (many) days are for me, how tired I am, how we can hardly manage the emotions, arguments and schedules of these boys we have already been given. Of course God knows that too.   I could see the look on his face as he awaited my response.  
I told him while I LOVE babies, and LOVE watching children being adopted into loving homes and how God has taught me SO much about adoption this past 6 months...I do NOT feel led to adopt a child in our home.  I feel like my job is to love on those children who need love, visit them and support them and most of all pray for them.
I think he slept better.  :)

Of course never say never right?  :) That should keep his mind spinning.

2 comments:

  1. That baby is the cutest baby ever!!!! I died when I saw your photos on facebook. I told Sarah that it makes me want to adopt one :) I've always said I wanted a baby from Africa, sort of half joking. But that sweet photo of his bottom, made me wonder if it's not really a joke :) Ha, who knows. I haven't ever prayed about it but probably will start.

    ReplyDelete