"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Things I have learned...

The 9 week Fitness challenge through Goals in Motion ended today, final testing was this morning.

Some things I have learned in these past 9 weeks of this fitness challenge...

1. I really can wake up consistently at 4:40 in the morning.
2.  I really can go to bed before midnight.
3.  I really don't miss the 10:00 pm news.
4.  I actually don't like crackers and don't miss them.
5. I can survive without chocolate chip cookies or cookie dough.
6.  I really miss warm Starbucks hot chocolate on a cold winter day.
7.  I can still surprise myself, and my husband, and become a morning person.
8.  I love grocery shopping at Hyvee at 6:30 am.  It's quiet and the shelves are stocked.
9.  My boys don't need me at 5:00 am.
10.  I can lose 19.6 lbs in 9 weeks. (was shooting for 20)
11.  ALL of my boys are very supportive of me, they all want me to succeed.
12.  It's good for my mental health to exercise.
13. I really LOVE workout clothes and shoes.
14. Referring to 13 I love  www.lululemon.com
15.  Referring again to 13 my FAVORITE shoes are Saucony.
16.  Despite how cute Nike shoes are, they just aren't as comfortable to me.
17.  I CAN eat fish...if it's breaded and low calorie thank YOU Costco.
18. I have a wonderful supportive group of friends and family who cheer me ON!
19.  I can make my kids and husband proud of me while taking care of ME!
20.  I can reinvent myself, I can become an athlete again, and I am younger,  and my body is stronger than I think.
21.  I gave myself 9 weeks of NO excuses...and I am so PROUD of me.  It wasn't easy...but it was worth it.  I am blessed to have such a support system around me.  I prayed OFTEN during these past 9 weeks..and as always God heard me and gave me strength and focus.

Here are a few of my Pinterest inspirational quotes that kept me GOING and will KEEP my going as I attack the next 20 lbs.  For me, and our family, this is a life change or eating better, eating healthier, making wise choices in what we feed these bodies God gave to us.  I have only begun.
















6 comments:

  1. Congrats Susan - what an awesome accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just accomplished something so hard - getting up that early in th winter when your family is sleeping is HUGE! Plus the working out, eating right with hungry boys around. You did so great - I'm so happy or you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You rock. Nice work!!! You are motivating me right now, I can't wait to get on a consistent work-out schedule!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are a rock star! :) Way to go. You are my inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing!!!

    great job... so proud of you!

    what is the costco fish?? i really really don't like fish BUT know i need to force myself to eat it once in a while since its good for me. i'd be interested to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Proud of you! Talk about inspiration. I'm trying to convert myself to a morning person. If you can do it than I know I can do it!!! Enjoy your vacation hot mama!!!

    ReplyDelete