"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Catching up...

Catching up a bit here, life moves SO fast.  Really.  

Friday night the big boys both had basketball tournaments, so we went to Tommy's game.  Then Tommy had his 8th grade school basketball season ending party so Tommy, Jack, Max and I headed to that.  We had fun.  Scott and Drew headed to his game and came late to the party,

Scott's older sister Kathy flew in LATE on Friday night, arriving around 11:45.  It was nice of her to come and visit us. It had been over 2 years since she had been here so we were all happy she could come.  She lives in....Ohio, of course.  She lives about 30 minutes away from Scott's parents farm.  So we do see her every time we are in Ohio.

Saturday was a whirlwind of basketball games, a fun birthday party Jack went to at a new place called SkyZone which is basically a bunch of trampolines.  He loved it.  Then after the basketball game Kathy and I snuck out to get our nails done, about the only girly thing we came up with to do.  :)  Headed home for dinner and then the boys were excited to show Kathy "Orange Leaf" a frozen yogurt place in town.  

Sunday we were up for church and Sunday school and Kathy left right from there.  We snapped this picture on Sunday at church.  (I have not used my "real" camera in about 2 weeks...been kind of photo lazy I guess)  It was a VERY short visit, but we appreciated it...and for her, maybe it was just long enough with our busy boys and house.  :)

Sunday afternoon Max and I took a VERY long nap together in the big green chair, one of my favorite things EVER to do.  And the boys watched the Buckeyes win a nail biter game.  Scott and I snuck out for a date night to church to hear a speaker...he was funny.  Phil Calloway...we enjoyed the evening out.

I have been working hard to complete this 9 week fitness challenge, testing is on Saturday and I am hoping for, praying for, and working towards hitting the -20 lb mark.  I am SO close....pray for me if you would.  That I would be able to finish strong.  I am TIRED today, and Scott's out of town so it's all ME right now at home.  I really want to hit this goal for myself...

That's about it...need to wake the sleeping baby and go get the boys from school. We only have 4 different sports practices to get to and from tonight...:)  and nope I am NOT kidding.  



3 comments:

  1. :) Good to catch up.

    I'm proud of you. Even if the scale doesn't show the number you hope for, it doesn't mean you should be any less proud of yourself. It's a number. Only a number. You have worked hard.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been so faithful and diligent in getting up EARLY every morning and eating healthy. I am so proud of you for the hard work you have put in over the last 9 weeks.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. really thankful for no more comment verification. ltm

    ReplyDelete