"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Sunday, January 29, 2012

So very grateful...

Yesterday, we had an accident happen at our house.  I was at a friends house at the time for a skin care "party" and Scott was inside the house.  Max got hit by a bat, by accident.  Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, my phone wasn't working and didn't have reception where I was.  I did get a text from Tommy saying Max was really hurt.  I left the party and tried and tried to call, no luck.  Then Scott called, told me he was in the ER with Max and that he had been hit by a bat and was bleeding badly.  He was crying, Scott that is...and I knew nothing else.

Panic set in...I was hysterical and screamed at God...pretty sure he had to have heard me LOUD and CLEAR...."Keep my baby safe!"  Think I yelled that 10 times at the top of my lungs...I called my brother...he was on the phone with Tommy and was able to tell me that Max was conscious, and had been crying so that did make me feel a little bit better.  I called my friend Makila and begged her to pray and to call friends to pray....my brother stayed on the phone with me until I got to the hospital.  Of course, I was at the wrong hospital...grrr...luckily the hospitals are next to each other.  I ran in, like a mad women and found Max...sitting quietly on Daddy's lap.  I was SO glad he was awake, and they had cleaned him up and I could see he had a bad cut on his head, but his eyes were okay, and he could talk.  Sigh of relief....not out of the woods but HUGE sigh of relief.  I had imagined the worst as I drove like a crazy person there...

It was about 12:15 when I arrived, Scott and Max had been there for about 15 minutes.  We met with the Dr and determined he did not have a skull fracture, and that he mainly needed stitches and we needed to find a plastic surgeon for that.  The one that we wanted wasn't available until 3:15.  So we waited...Max napped in my arms for awhile, Scott ran home to get his blankies and his favorite puppy.



 Waiting with Momma

They then came in to do his IV, which he did great for and we knew they would have to sedate him for all of the stitching...he did great.  Thank you LORD!  Thank you friends who were praying near and far.  Sedation always worries me...always.  Don't like it ever.  Especially with my babies.  Gratefully we haven't had to do it often.  

I opted to leave the surgery room, they didn't need to pick me off the floor too.  Scott opted to stay with Max.  About 10 minutes into the repair, Max started to wake up...he was dreaming they said, all he said was DADADADADA and then Ball once in awhile.  Guess we know what he dreams about now.  :)  But the ER Doc did come in and give him another dose of the sedation meds.  It was NOT fun standing in the hall and listening to him moaning and calling out.  It was probably worse for Scott sitting in there with him having Max moaning his name.  Gratefully the surgeon was done in another 15-20 minutes and I could go back in and hold him.  

 Trying to wake up...

Since he ended up having a double dose of sedation it took him a LONG time to wake up, but they did let us go home after and hour or so recovering.  His brothers were happy to see him and grateful he was okay.  A very hard way to learn a lesson for them....pray for peace for them.  We are not blaming one of them, they feel enough burden.  Just pray.  Thanks

 At home....still so sleepy...

 Snuggling with Daddy to wake up

 More awake and reading books...


Wide awake and shooting hoops, acting himself...


The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble.  He cares for those who trust in Him.  Nahum 1:7

A friend sent me this verse last night after we were home...such truth.  God protected Max, and we are so grateful.  He is acting like himself today and slept well, was up once for more pain meds and otherwise slept until 7:00 which is LATE for him.  We had him in our bed which may have helped too.  :)  Thank you to those of you who prayed.  

9 comments:

  1. ! so glad all is ok :( we will pray for a quick recovery for all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart was breaking reading this. We have yet had to do an emergancy visit with either of ours and I know I would be so frightened to watch them go through anything like this. SO, SO glad sweet Max is okay. Praying that all continues to go well. Glad Scott was there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big sigh. I am so thankful he is okay. Praying for all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very thankful he is okay. So very thankful...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh,Susan!! That is so scary. So glad sweet Max is okay. So sorry it happened. Praying for all your boys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praising God that Max is OK. Will continue to pray for healing and for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So scary! Thanking the Lord that he is ok and praying for peace and comfort for your whole family. Is there anything tougher than seeing our babes hurt?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor Max, but so glad he's OK.

    ReplyDelete