"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Friday, January 20, 2012

Random Friday rambles

So it's Friday...the week flew by...I have a bunch of pictures I need to take off of my camera and post.  But another day. Tired tonight.  The 4:40 am alarm for working out is catching up to me.  For those of you who do NOT know, I am a NOT a morning person, I am a night owl.  This switch has been H-A-R-D on me.  But necessary.  The feeling of being DONE with my workout and home by 6:30 makes it worth it, after 2 weeks of hard work I am just beginning to feel like my body is getting stronger.  The scale is going down...never fast enough but hopefully this time it will be for good.  I am DONE with not feeling good in my own body.

We had a great week.  Lots of basketball for Tommy, some for Drew too.  Max had his friend birthday party on Wednesday now that our house is less "germy", Drew had his initial appt for braces and will get those in 3 weeks.  How can he be OLD enough for braces?  sigh...he will be 13 this summer...sigh 13.  That means 2 teenagers in our house.  Lord help us.  :)  Just kidding, sort of....

Jack and I watched Dolphin Tale on Tuesday and Wednesday night...Max did too.  I loved it.  If you haven't seen it...please do.  It is wonderful.  Max loved watching the "fish" too.  I wish more movies like this were made.

Max went to a friends yesterday while I got my hair highlighted and cut. He and his little friend Hinckley had taken crabby pills so I think much of the morning was not easy for my friend Ginnie...but they turned around.  And despite a bloody lip and some tears...by the time I got him...he was happy as a lark....well until I forced him to wear his winter hat as we left.  Back to the hair she curled it...I do not usually let my hair be curly.  I always always ALWAYS straighten it....so it was different.  The boys actually liked it, Scott said it made me look younger...hmmmm my Mom liked it too.  May have to attempt to do it myself again.  Today, it's straight, comfort zone straight.  I have naturally wavy/sort of curly hair so my hair was happy to be curly.  Jack and Max get that from their Momma.

Today I took Max to my friend Makila's for some 2 year pics...yes I could have done them myself but it was WAY easier to just get to be Momma and make silly faces and let Makila worry about the photo taking.  He had fun....it was cute.

I have been working all week on the exciting world of Flex Spending receipts...getting those from 2011 and making sure they balance with our Flex Spending card...fun fun fun stuff huh?

Tommy is playing a basketball game right now for school....Scott and Drew went.  It was about an hour away, Max, Jack and I opted for home.  Max is just NOT easy at games right now. We went last night and wrestled enough for me.  The big boys have the weekend OFF from basketball.  Jack has his last game tomorrow.  We may even sneak in a date night...and I rented the movie Moneyball, we may have to watch it in the middle of the day tomorrow so I can be awake.

One of my favorite blogs had this posted today and it literally MADE MY DAY.  I think I will just copy and paste some of it here..since I know there are some of you who are link challenged, not saying any names Mom.....  :)  Her blog post is so true.  I read blog and think every Mom has it completely together ALL the time, house spotless, laundry folded, lovely balanced healthy meal made by 4:00, patience that never ends, beautiful hair and clothes, a perfect body, a marriage that is always all joy and never work, kids that always obey and always smile...and so on.  Here is the link and here is my favorite parts of her post...

I will leave you with it...


life is messy.

So I’ve gotten a couple of comments lately along the lines of…”how do you do it all?”  And to be honest….when I’ve read them I have literally choked on my own spit.  The idea that I “do it all” is flattering but really makes me want to just roll around on the floor laughing hysterically.  The internet is a funny place.  I can spend 20 minutes surfing online reading blogs and pinning on Pinterest and come away with the following conclusions:
1.  Every other stay at home mom gets dressed each day in the perfect jeans, trendy sweater, stylishly pricey boots, and coordinating handbag (don’t forget the jewels!)

2.  Every other mom has time to clean her house using homemade products that won’t harm her children or add pollutants to the household air.

3.  Every other mom is able to meticulously create elaborate crafts and write a complete tutorial at nap time every day.

4.  Every other mom lives inside a house where every room has board and batten wainscoting and an Ethan Allen couch covered in the coveted grey/gold Target pillow (you KNOW which one I mean)

5.  Every other mom is able to control her children.  They are well spoken, polite, and always have the most clever comment to make at just the right moment.

6.  Every other mom has a thriving side business which makes her enough money to take her extended family to Disney World twice a year.

7.  Every other mom effortlessly raises sixteen orphaned children in her 2 bedroom house.   Of course they all love each other!

8.  Every other mom has dinner prepared at 6pm sharp using only organically grown vegetables from her own garden.  She took step by step photographs of each of her 10 course meal which contains enough antioxidents to eradicate small pox again.

9.  Every other mom is happy.  All day long.  Every day.

10.  I am NOT every other mom.


It doesn’t take us long does it?  To feel overwhelmed and behind the eight ball?  In this crazy internet driven world we are more connected than ever….but hiding behind others perceptions of ourselves.

4 comments:

  1. Great job with the exercising! Early! I want to see your wavy hair-i bet it is cute. Looking forward to seeing pictures of max- i'm sure they are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should wear your hair curly/wavy more often. It is cute. ☺ It is cute straight, too, though. You have great hair.

    I loved that post, too. So timely. Every mama needs to be reminded that everybody has messes in their lives. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so proud of you for working out. That is hard. I have been getting up almost that early too and starting to kind of enjoy it. weird since I do not like mornings.

    Perfect post from your friend. the internet and all the sites/blogs are fun, but pollute our view of our own lives which is not very good at all. I was laughing hard!

    Good to see you today!

    ReplyDelete