"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Been praying..


I have sent emails to several of you in regards to praying for my friend, Leanne's Mom, Kathy Coleman, who is now at home preparing for her trip to heaven soon. Leanne and I have been friends since Jr high, they all live in Edina, MN. I wanted to post these pictures of her, they were all taken in November or December and I found them off of Leanne's blog (hope you don't mind Leanne). I think they are beautiful in the joy that shines in her eyes. The love she has for her grandchildren...

With the little ones...Mid November
reading stories...Grandpa looking in from the outside window
Leanne's parents stopping over at their house to read a bedtime story, mid December

An early Christmas Celebration with Abby

My friend Leanne and her husband Jesse, Luke, Abby and Mr. Coleman after church

Please pray for their family as they are saying goodbye to her, knowing she is going to heaven in a whole, healed body. There is still much pain for Leanne, her kids, her Dad, her sister and hubby. It is never easy to say goodbye. BUT with the assurance of heaven and knowing that Mrs. Coleman is going there healed there is a lot of peace.

I have been keeping up with Leanne the best I can these days and am overwhelmed most days by her comments and strength. I feel there has been so much beauty in these days for their family. So much beauty in hearing how her children are sending "Mahmo" off to heaven with their love and blessing. (Leanne's kids are almost 3 and 5) Just today I got a note from Leanne telling me that yesterday Luke (almost 3) climbed in bed with Mahmo and gave her a full body hug and as she leaned down to tell him "I love you" Luke responded, "Mahmo, you are going to heaven". As much as it makes me cry to read that from Leanne, it makes me smile knowing the peace that God is giving to the entire family.

Please continue to pray for Mrs. Coleman and the rest of the family. This has been a very quick thing, she was diagnosed with cancer in 2007. Fought that battle and won...and it came back early November of 09, they did some strong treatments and felt good with those results mid December. And then right after christmas...she became very ill once again and now the tumors are aggressive and rapid growing, they call it a "tumor fever", her communication does not easily come and she is preparing to meet her maker. Her sisters and Mom are in town visiting, her in laws will come early next week, old friends are making their visits....


This is the verse her family has chosen and asked people to pray Psalm 29:11 "The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace."


2 comments:

  1. I am bawling as I read this. I haven't seen Leanne since high school but have thought of her often. I will be praying. If you can, let her know I'm thinking of her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am crying too as i read this.... ugh! i will be praying for the family. what a difficult time. so hard to say good bye yet knowing she will be in a better place.

    ReplyDelete