"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Senior Night

A LOT has happened since I last blogged, more on that later.  But this morning I write about Senior Night.  Last night was "Senior Night" for the basketball players.  I have watched Tommy play basketball for SO long.  It all started with our Little Tikes hoop that he loved and played on day in and day out from the time he could walk.  He has always loved basketball.  And he is beginning to wrap up his official basketball playing days.  I know he will always play basketball, intra murals or pick up basketball..he loves it...but his official practices and teams are ending.

It should make me more emotional than I am.  For some reason, this senior year stuff hasn't made me a weepy mess.  I guess I just feel he is ready.  I have peace about his future and I feel like he is following God's will for his life.  So the closure on these moments feels natural to me.

If I am really honest I am done with the "political" side of basketball, the playing time, the coaches not doing things the way I would prefer them to be done and I am not just talking about Tommy...just in general coaching.  I don't like all of that "stuff".  That part of organized sports I am done with for him.  I see that part of him being done as well.

I am thrilled he has played basketball.  I am thrilled it has been a sport he has loved so much.  I am so grateful for his health and abilities God has given to him.  It has brought him friends he wouldn't have had.  It has taught him lessons in life he wouldn't have learned otherwise.  It has kept him focused on healthy things.  I am grateful.

So last night was senior night.  Where we walked center court with him while they read a blurb about him, and his future plans.  All I could do was smile.  I also kept telling him I was going to kiss him.  Telling him I love him so very much.  He really loved that.  And guess what....I did kiss him right at the end.  Ahh the joys of a Mom who smothers you with love no matter how old you get or how tall you grow.

The senior poster...3 managers and 4 players all graduating



this is my kiss warning and he is asking his Dad to save him...nope NOT a chance.  I wish I had a pic of the kiss...but alas none.






after the game...

No comments:

Post a Comment