"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Friday, February 26, 2016

Chapter coming to an end

A friend of Tommy is taking photos for the school yearbook.  He shot these of Tommy and I received them today.

It is strange to think that the chapter of basketball is coming to an end.  This kid has loved basketball since he could touch a ball.  It is so strange.  I realize he will most likely continue to play pick up basketball, Intramural basketball but not an organized team basketball game.

I love watching him play.  I love watching his smile after he makes a good play.  I love watching his intensity.  I really will miss this chapter.

The boys play tomorrow night...they are at the point in the season where with any loss, the season is over...and with any win...they get closer to playing in state.

This year hasn't been the easiest.  He hasn't played as much as he had hoped.  He hasn't felt the coaches have been fair all the time.  It has been a LOT of perseverance.  He has met with the coaches.  He has tried in practice, and for that not to be rewarded, in his eyes, by playing time...it has been disappointing to be honest.  It has been hard as a parent.  I have wanted to pull the coach aside and have a little heart to heart with him...that's the part of parenting that is SO hard.  The sitting in the stands part.  The encouraging your son after a game that you don't feel is fair.  Loving Tommy no matter what is the easy part.  Basketball....it is a sport.  It is a high school sport. Just a sport  It is so much about perspective.  But when you are in it, and 18, it can be hard.

I am soaking these last moments in with Tommy...

I loved these photos...


No comments:

Post a Comment